A Kingdom Without Borders
by Eric Costanzo
As we begin our new series – “You Will Be My Witnesses” – it is my prayer that the next few weeks will open up new and life-changing aspects of the Kingdom of God for you and for me. In all four of the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) and in the book of Acts, Jesus gives a commission – a call – to His followers that they would take the Good News about Him to every nation on the earth. No people group was to be excluded.
Throughout this series, we will also be hearing some powerful stories from several different people – both inside and outside of our South Tulsa community – who have said “yes” to God’s call to whenever, wherever, and whomever He sends them. Here is just a sample of those through whom God will be speaking to us:
• A young couple who is following God’s call to enter the international mission field.
• A seasoned missionary family working in a very difficult and highly unreached people in Asia.
•A powerful personal testimony from a former Muslim woman who faced threats on her life and now serves in Christian ministry.
• The latest updates about how God is leading our church to serve in our community through our amazing Ministry Center.
• A beautiful couple from India will share about how they came to faith and how God is using them both in their home country and here in Tulsa, including through our church.
• A student in our church who is following God’s call to serve refugees in Europe next year.
Again, my prayer for us over these next several weeks is that God will widen our view of His Kingdom work around the world, and the mosaic that is the global Body of Christ. Will you open your heart to see what He is doing in our community and around the world? Will you be open to His commission and call on your life?