We've witnessed catastrophic flooding in Houston and south Texas. Wednesday night, our Pastor led us in a special prayer time. Continue to pray and consider giving to this special need. Two responses to help-
Through your gifts, we are empowering a team of Baptist Disaster Relief volunteers to respond to the devastation Harvey unleashed. Your gifts go straight to the mission field as volunteers from around Oklahoma serve storm victims and spread the Gospel. You have two options-
1. Give thru our church - We have also setup a special online payment for us to contribute to our Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief Team to assist these communities. Click here to give online to this fund. 100% of all money given will go to Disaster Relief for these communities.
2. Give directly to Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief - More about Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief.
Form your own group and designate a leader/coordinator to contact the BGCO DR office at www.okdisasterhelp.org using the “Contact Us” button. Tell us what church/organization, how many and what dates the group can come.
Before you go, you must accomplish the following steps:
Work Options Schedules-
Each group should plan to arrive no later than 9pm.
Saturday & Sunday (arrive Friday evening and depart Sunday evening)
Monday – Friday (arrive Sunday evening and depart Friday evening)
Saturday – Friday (arrive Friday evening and depart the next Friday evening)
Other options will be handled on a case-by-case basis as housing is available
Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief will provide each church group
- A place to stay – on church property, dorm-style (all males & females separated)
- 3 meals per day – bring your own snacks
- Insurance coverage (liability, supplemental medical, and life)
- Orientation & safety briefing upon arrival
- Specific work assignments in the flooded areas of north Houston
- Equipment to perform the tasks (bring hammers & nail/pry bars though)
Email Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief from the www.okdisasterhelp.org website.
The response to Texas will take years, multiple trips can be planned.