He is Working
How do we do missions during a pandemic? Well, first of all, we need to understand what missions is. According to Google, “missions” is the vocation or calling of a religious organization, especially a Christian one, to go out into the world and spread its faith. Here is the crazy thing though, during this pandemic, the Father is bringing the world to us.
Do you know?
• About 42 young men from South East Asia are in our city training to become pilots and then return home. About half of them have been interacting with people from our congregation, by doing things anywhere from playing basketball to grocery shopping. Each time they are hearing the gospel and being shown the love of Christ.
• We are preparing for a virtual style show for the Baptist Homes for Children on August 8. Our church goal is to raise $25,000.
• We have church members actively raising money for one of our ministry partners, Open Doors, in the Ukraine.
• We serve people representing over 36 different countries in our English as a Second Language classes.
• We have college students helping with food distributions in the city.
• Our own Ministry Center and Jenks CarePoint remain open and available to help serve our communities.
• We have a new wooden bin labeled “Bible Rescue“ to collect Bibles, Bible study materials, Christian books (fiction, teaching, literature, etc.) to be distributed and used in other countries.
We have so many more. I encourage you to find an area that you are passionate about. Let us know, and we can get you plugged-in.
You can see that we are not limited in what the Father can do, even if we can’t “go” right now. We just need to be willing to see where He is working.
Posted on Fri, July 17, 2020
by Kim Hayes