Our Direction Setting Ministry Financial Plan
I hope you will review our 2018-2019 Ministry Financial Plan (budget). Printed copies are available on the tables at the back of the Worship Center or in the Commons at the Welcome Center. It can also be viewed online at our Church Family Page (http://southtulsa.org/church-family, password–our Wi-Fi password). Our committees, staff, and Advisory Council are excited about the alignment of our budget with the vision from our Pastor. Here are some key aspects of the new Ministry Financial Plan:
- We have right-sized our budget by a reduction of over 4% or $3,572,405 annually/ $68,400 per week.
- With the anticipation of no debt payments in this budget, monies will be set aside for capital projects, so we may undertake the projects without borrowing in the future.
- In addition, the money saved by not making debt payments enables an increase in our Mission plans by 30% or $90,000 in new mission areas.
- Almost all of the current mission areas have also been increased.
- We graphically highlighted some of the ministry areas the Lord blessed this year.
- Our personnel is blessed with a revised medical insurance plan and salary increases for 2018-2019.
Two question and answer (Q&A) sessions have been planned. The first is today Sunday, May 6 at 5:00 p.m. in room D-168 off the gym. The second is Wednesday, May 16 at 5:45 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. In both presentations, questions will be encouraged. We will vote on the proposed budget, without discussion, on Sunday, May 20 during both worship services.
God is doing exciting things at South Tulsa. Please pray for, participate in, and support these ministry plans as we continue “Sharing the Good News about Jesus in our community and around the world.”
Posted on Sun, May 6, 2018
by Dave Bender